Wednesday, November 15, 2006

DARKNESS!

Last night the power went out for 3 hours here.

I was watching the Last Comic Standing. Then thunder and lightning started striking down and booming everywhere and then: BAM!

BLACK OUT

No Television.

No chilly cool Air Conditioning!!!!!

and dare I say...

No MYSPACE???!!!!

*

So I was forced to sit and think to myself. What the hell did people do back before electricity?

They probably sat around and shared stories of the old days... and laughed and laughed. Families must have been closer because of all this time spent together.

People were able to deeply reflect their own lives without the noise and clatter that we all live in today. This world never seems to quiet down, yet there I was, immersed in total and complete nothing.

I started to think that maybe this silence isn't such a bad thing after all....

*

Then, I remembered that I had a Video Poker game on my Cell Phone.

SWEET!

No comments: