Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Secret

It's time that I share with you a secret.


I have been hiding something from all of you. And with so many new readers and friends here, I feel that it is finally time to open up and tell you the truth. Please be kind, supportive, and understanding of what I am going through here.


I have an addiction.


I know; I look like the nice, sweet, girl next door. I know that you are surprised because you probably didn't expect this from me. But I hide it well.


You see, it all started a few weeks ago around Memorial Day. I received a call from a friend inviting me to a BBQ. I didn't really want to go, but she told me "C'mon, everybody's doing it!" So not to be left out, I went.



I'm not proud of this, but I ended up going to three more BBQs that weekend.


I used to find a lot of things fun to do: like movies, dancing, or going out to dinner. I just don't enjoy doing the things that I used to anymore.


I just keep wondering when the next BBQ is.


Who doesn't enjoy a bright sunny day with lots of people, lots of food, and lots of booze... the smell of the grill.... the condensation running down the sides of coolers...


Its time that I came clean and admit this to you. I do so in hopes that you may help me.


I find myself doing anything just to get a cheeseburger, including tipping other people's plates over on line, just so they have to get a new bun. It's pretty serious.


I know I'm not alone... is there anybody else out there? Should we start a support group perhaps?


Hello, My name is Kristie. And I am addicted to BBQ.



*


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYBODY!!


And Happy Father's Day to all the Pops!


*



No comments: