Friday, November 17, 2006

Once Upon a Time I Had a Dream

Once upon a time...

I wanted to be an Actress when I grew up.

Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of Bright Lights.

I still remember the audition.

It was for the play Go Ask Alice.

This is based on the True Life Diary of a young girl who got into drugs in the 70s and suffered severe mental problems as a result, ultimately leading to her untimely death.

Being only a Sophomore, up against Seniors who had been in the Drama Club for 4 full years, there was only a slim chance that I would even get a role.

The next day, we all ran to the list taped up on the wall.

Being a little shorter than most, I started at the bottom. I started reading up, running my finger at the bottom of the list.

Shit! I already got half way up, and no mention of me.

Further and further, my heart sunk into my chest. My name was not even there for one of the little bit parts! I felt crushed.

Everyone was crowding me now, some upset and some thrilled at what they saw.

Then, it happened.

Way, way, way, at the tippity top of the list... was... Kristie Lynn.

Could it be????

YES! I was cast as the lead: Alice. How amazing!

Months and Months of hard work followed. Long hours, and drug research.

Looking out from that stage, I can still see the standing audience and the bouquets of roses that I received.

It may be one of the best days of my life.

That dream of becoming an Actress is long gone. The lights have faded, the curtain has closed.

Life tends to wrap you up and drag you further and further from your true heart's desire.

The Death of a Dream.

I am sure most people have had some type of aspiration or goal that went unaccomplished.

From time to time, I still toy with the tattered worn pages of my PlayBook, remembering how it was.

My dream came true, if for only a moment.

Please, tell me about yours.

If only for today, Let your Dream live.

*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: