Friday, November 17, 2006

Resisting the Devil

I suppose it's time that I update you all on my recovery.

If you read: My Secret, then you know about my substance abuse. If not, then please take the time to refresh yourself and click the link.

*

With a weekend like this, many of you are probably wondering if I relapsed.

After uncovering the seedy underground world of BBQ, it seems that I have been blacklisted. Banned, shunned. Expelled.

This weekend, Labor Day weekend, I did not attend even one BBQ.

I know I was trying to stay away.

It does feel very liberating... I am able to Saute, Bake, even Fry... as much as I please.

But I looked outside my window and I could see everyone else doing it. Peer pressure is the worst.

Every addict knows that smokey sting in your eyes that makes them water... and the tantalizing aromas that are very hard to resist.

I fantasized about jumping out the window into the neighbors yard... rolling and ducking like a Navy Seal or a Ninja... Making a grab of those succulent ribs and high tailing it back to my house.

There were peddlers left and right.

They know my weakness.

But that's how the dealers work, they try to reel you back in with just a taste.

You will all be happy to know that I have resisted temptation. I am just an addict, taking it one day at a time.

No comments: