Saturday, November 18, 2006

That Lovin' Feelin'

Thank you everyone for all of your warm wishes yesterday. I thought that I would be better by today, but I am not. I just crawled out of bed at 1PM. Jeez!

At home, feeling bad and crappy, it made me think...

WHAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD?

Not things that please the flesh, like food (pizza... mmm!) or material items. But things that make me feel good inside.

WHAT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD?

*

Letting a Pregnant Woman sit on the Train

YES! Last week there was a largely pregnant woman standing on the train with NO ONE giving her a seat. Gentlemen alike. Twice I gave up my seat for a lady. Why? Because we should and that kind of deed makes me feel good. It also made me mad at the others.

*

Giving Money to a Bum

H TO THE E TO THE DOUBLE L NO! Fuck that. Sorry! While I am sympathetic to their needs and lack of common human necessities, giving money to a bum DOES NOT make me warm and squishy. Why? What can I say that hasn't already been said before. We don't know what they use the money for and why can't they get social services assitance or get into a program that will help them find work?

*

Putting Money in the Church Collection Plate

That's another BIG FAT NO! LOL Sorry Guys. While donating to keep your church rolling is an awesome thing, being guilted into depositing 10% of your salary every Sunday into a Big Dish does not make me feel great. I'd rather help with a car wash or a fundraiser or something.

*

Those Starving Hungry Children Leaflets that you get in the Mail.

Yes and No. When I've got a some change or a few dollars and someone is collecting in their name, sure! But the mailings to adopt them for a coffee cup per day, no. Maybe its my distrust of Foundations. Although, my daughter takes the little pictures of the children, puts them in her room, and says a prayer for them every night. It melts my heart. She's a good girl.

*

Helping a Friend

YES! I would do anything for a friend. Rides, Advice, Love, Anything. I pride myself upon being there when someone needs me. The best part is that I have some really wonderful friends who are there for me too, and that makes me feel fuzzy and happy inside.

*

WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD?

Tell Me.

No comments: